As a web developer I have created, developed, and maintained Web sites for over 7 years. As a graphic artist I have extensive experience designing creative art, logos, and other graphics for Web sites. I aslo have valuable commercial print experience while creating page design and layout for brochures, reports, newsletters and other marketing materials.
I am a team player, and have developed projects on a team. And, also independently created build-outs of web sites, online newsletters, email campaigns, and other marketing pieces. I develop on an emphasis on solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives and concepts while maintaining the integrity of the application across all browsers. My team oriented experience along with my expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, hand-coding valid and compliant HTML and CSS allows me to be a successful member of a design team.
As a systems programmer and previous jobs, I have worked closely with clients, translating their initial, often verbal, ideas into polished final products and helping them develop the most attractive products for their desired budget. I have experience communicating with outside vendors (managing and maintaining relationships) from the beginning to the finalization of projects and working with printers and offset and digital printing processes. I also have training in and extensive experience with the following: Adobe Creative Suites (including Adobe Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, and InDesign CS6); QuarkXpress; Dreamweaver CS6 (including CSS); Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat; SharePoint (including client permissions and content structure); and both PC and Mac platforms. In addition, I also have had the opportunity to refine my photography skills and to use my photographs in projects completed for my current employer and for outside clients.
On a personal level, I would like to add that I am always eager to learn new skills and technologies.
Skills and Software
|Adobe Photoshop||Adobe Dreamweaver|
|Adobe InDesign||Visual Studio|
|Adobe CQ 5||Source Tree|
|SharePoint||Adobe Camera Raw|
|Wireframes||Macintosh and PC|
|QuarkXpress||agileEMAIL – Movable Ink|
Accountable: Independently developed responsive email templates for multi-billion dollar company on very strict and tight deadlines. Hardworking, dedicated, and detail orriented.
Communication: Experience working with people of all job levels (e.g. CEOs, high management, administrators, and directors). Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, and small and large groups. Including consulting experience with third party clients (Cheetah Mail, hosting administrators, and printers) and outside vendors during the procedures of the task at hand.
Team player: Enjoy sharing knowledge and encouraging development of others to achieve specific team goals.
Deadline oriented: While in the retail industry (American Eagle Outfitters and Dick's Sporting Goods.) This time has allowed me to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Worked under tight deadlines, turning projects around independently, quickly, and accurately.
Dedicated: I have a passion for my career and delievering the best possible product. I am a hardworking, dedicated person that will accept any challenges. I am always looking to be innovative. As technology changes, I believe it is essientail to consistently reasearch, learn, and apply these to help benefit the client or company.
Photography: Experience with product photography in a variety of product categories and photo shoots. Deep understanding of lighting, staging, highlighting, and editting. Please view my personal photography web site, click here.
Print: Comprehensive knowledge of offset and digital printing processes. Ability to forecast resource needs and allocate assigned resources to assure completion of established objectives within budgetary and scheduled guidlines.
Analytics: Experience in developing customized reports for clients with Google analytics. Ability to analyze data to increase traffic and efficiency of web presences and UI/UX experience.
eMarketing Automation: Experience with design concepting, email creation (html code and image-based emails), outbound landing page creation, form creation, tracking, and data analysis. Abiltity to work with third-party vendors (Cheetah Mail and Movable Ink).
Training: Experience training large groups on various personal projects and skills. While working at ThermoFisher Scientific, I was able to train executives, digital designers, copywriters, project managers, and clients on custom developed responsive email templates. Training included large presentations, one on one sessions, creation of template manuals and procedures, and overall email creation process.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Digital Designer- Contract Position (October. 2014 - Present)
- Independently lead the creation of responsive email drag and drop template consisting of custom snippets (full-width, 2-column, and 3-column layouts). Successfully tested in various platforms including (iOS, Gmail, and Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 including 120%).
- Built and maintain HTML templates, landing pages and forms for marketing communications
- Build and execute marketing campaigns via Eloqua – campaign flow builds, email creation, outbound landing page creation, form creation, media placement tracking, etc.
- Advise marketing campaign requestors of best practices with regard to marketing automation capabilities, testing and projected results
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional teams and the larger organization to create compelling, dynamic graphics, landing pages and informative customer experiences for a variety of audiences
- Work with the business unit marketing teams and marketing communications implement marketing campaigns to generate revenue
- Develop effective design strategy that can solve the business need of the assignment
- Design and build website marketing landing pages; including copy editing, page layout and strategic input to support multiple business units.
- Create graphics, banners and other web images to be a part of integrated marketing campaigns
- Work with teams to identify and improve landing pages of the website that do not meet performance expectations (e.g., high abandonment/exit, desired call to action not taken)
- Project management of multiple design projects such as product launch landing pages, events, and promotional pages
- Maintain extremely high design and production standards, as well as the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
American Eagle, Aerie, and American Eagle Factory
eCommerce Email Coder- Contract Position (Feb. 2014 - Aug. 2014)
- Slicing images & basic design adjustments using Adobe Photoshop
- Incorporating and pulling dynamic content into personalized emails
- Building HTML table structures with Adobe Dreamweaver (Utilize Movable Ink resources)
- Work with team members, other departments, and Cheetah Mail for all email assets, proofs, and updates
- Fast paced environment, tight deadlines, and ability to make quick turnarounds on builds
- Utilize Inline CSS for rendering in different email clients
- Accurate rendering in different email clients (esp. MS Outlook/Gmail/Outlook.com/ Yahoo Mail/AOL)
- Coding emails for mobile devices
- Photoshop skills (Pixel-detailed)
- Tested and proofed emails that were sent to millions of clients.
Dick's Sporting Goods
Graphic Designer and Web Designer - Contract Position (Dec. 2013 - Jan. 2014)
- Supporting the eCommerce department in the production of website creative assets for the home page, category pages, banner advertisements and on-site marketing campaigns.
- Concept and create creative design assets.
- Modify creative design assets throughout entire life cycle.
- Work with Product Management group to update the design and development of mock-ups for website enhancements.
- Turn wireframes into User Interface designs that utilize up-to-date and relevant GUI.
University of Pittsburgh
Systems Programmer/Graphic Designer (Jan. 2008 - May 2013)
- Design, develop, and maintain websites, using Visual Studio and Dreamweaver while applying CSS.
- Create appealing user interfaces for clinical research applications.
- Assist with database management, application Q/A testing, and form authentication.
- Work closely with clients during the design process, translating thoughts and needs into final products.
- Maintain customized Microsoft SharePoint site. In charge of permissions and content structure.
- Work as a graphic designer producing annual reports, brochures, fliers, and campaign emails.
- Create medical grant/manuscript figures, including line and bar graphs, scatter plots, dot graphs with error bars, flow charts, and pie charts for faculty researchers (produce polished images from rough sketches).
- Develop eNewsletters for online and email use.
- Engage in all design processes, including prep, print, and proofing.
- Function well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Produce project estimates, including estimates of expertise required, total number of people required, and total number of development hours required.
- Have experience taking photographs of people and structures for web design.
Clearview Federal Credit Union
Web Design Assistant (Mar. 2007 - Dec. 2007)
- Assisted with updating and maintaining the credit union website.
- Created and refined graphic designs for the website.
- Researched new ways to serve internet members and increase efficiency of web services through web analytics and web-based polls.
- Created and assisted with HTML emails targeted to the entire credit union membership.
- Maintained and developed the company’s intranet site.
Clearview Federal Credit Union
Marketing Specialist (Nov. 2004 - Mar. 2007)
- Analyzed marketing and competitive data and consolidated findings to support campaign strategies.
- Wrote and designed dynamic marketing materials, including newsletters, brochures, advertisements, and postcards.
- Worked with direct marketing vendors to manage the database of key contacts, including clients and candidates.
- Determined target markets to expand audience base.
- Decided how target markets would be reached, such as via use of direct mailings or print, television, or radio advertisements.
- Worked effectively as part of a multidisciplinary marketing and communications team to communicate, coordinate, and integrate marketing and communications and to apply best-in-class practices to all efforts.
- Wrote and edited promotional literature for direct marketing and internet marketing projects.
- Assisted in theme and content development for a variety of projects.
- Ensured that all locally developed creative marketing materials underwent company brand review and adhered to strict company brand guidelines.
- Proofread, edited, and prepped projects for printing.
- Refined ability to multi-task and work on several projects concurrently.
- Assisted with coordinating special events, such as the company’s annual meeting.
- Communicated with commercial vendors on all levels.
- Used photography skills to document special campaigns and events.
Geneva College, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Concentration in Public Relations
BA in Communications, 2002